Greek Stochastics η'
Chania, Crete, Greece, 11-13 July 2015
Sequential and On-line Learning
[The above image was drawn by Aggeliki Tsoukala, undergraduate student in Statistics, AUEB].
The seventh edition of the Greek Stochastics meeting will take place in Chania, Crete, Greece, on 11-13, July 2015. The meeting's primary aim is to facilitate a broad discussion of current research themes related to Sequential and On-line Learning. It will consist of three short courses by Gabor Lugosi (Universitat Pompeu Fabra), Phil Dawid (University of Cambridge) and Nicolas Chopin (ENSAE, Paris) -- see below for more information. There will also be a few contributed talks and poster presentations.
The meeting will take place in at the Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Chania.
We are grateful for the partial financial support that has been given towards the organisation of this workshop by the Department of Statistics, Athens University of Economics and Business.
The three short courses will be given by:
- Gabor Lugosi (Universitat Pompeu Fabra) on "Online learning with structured experts".
- Nicolas Chopin (ENSAE, Paris) on "Sequential Monte Carlo, Sequential Quasi Monte Carlo, and their use in
sequential inference in hidden Markov and related models".
- Phil Dawid (University of Camrbidge) on "Fundamentals of Prequential Analysis".
- The submission of abstracts for oral presentation is now closed.
- There is still the possibility to apply for a poster presentation. Please
submit an abstract to GrStoch@gmail.com by the
30th of June 2015.
- The registration fee is 70 pounds and it includes welcome drinks, conference dinner and refreshments during coffee breaks.
- You can now register via this link .
- Some funding is available for PhD students; please send us by email a supporting letter specifying your financial needs and an extended abstract (two pages long in total) for your presentation by the 10th of April 2015 .
- The meeting's programme can be found here.
- A list of the poster presentations can be downloaded from here.
- The meeting will consist of:
- the three short courses, of 3 hours each;
- half-hour contributed oral presentations;
- poster presentations.
Location / Accommodation
- The meeting will take place in at the Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Chania.
- Click here for some local information about Crete.
- Participants wishing to be accommodated in MAICh premises should complete this form in capital letters and send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reservation Guarantee / Cancellation Fee / Booking Deadline
A deposit for the 1st night's stay must be paid through the online registration system as a guarantee.
Cancellations of reservations 5 days prior to participant's arrival: a full refund will apply.
Cancellations of reservations up to 2 days prior to participant’s arrival: a cancellation fee equivalent to the cost of one night's accommodation will apply.
There is no deadline for room reservations.
Here is some travel information about the Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Chania.
Greek Stochastics web page